Last Day of the First Sem: Learnings from the Semester that Flew By


3 months and 21 days. That was the duration of my first semester in Christ. It was a roller coaster, with all its ups and downs, but fortunately, no head-spinning and throwing up took place. As I realized that this semester was done, I thought of listing the many things that this institution, my course, my professors, and my class taught me. 

  1. The very, very vast difference between Engineering and Psychology. The transformation from learning about the working of a circuit, to learning about how cognition, behavior, and emotion, affect the human being. (special mention: the unconscious).
  2. The difference between sitting in an undergraduate and a postgraduate class. 
  3. Making people understand that learning psychology doesn’t translate to “Hey, I can read your mind.”
  4. The significance of Sigmund Freud.
  5. ETHICS. APA and ACA Code of Ethics is the guiding force. Every time one feels that one is an ethical issues expert, a new case is thrown in one’s face to help understand otherwise.
  6. Finally able to define what one feels with each and every goodbye: Separation Anxiety (no, not the technical definition).
  7.  Scoring high on the above-mentioned term due to the end of the semester.
  8. From feeling completely lost, to absolutely falling in love with Lifespan Psychology, along with the realization of not wanting to miss even one class (major factor: The “I’m only here to facilitate your learning” professor).
  9. Baby Shark and feeling like giants in front of 40 kindergartners.
  10. Professional Development and the joy of half-day.
  11. The feeling of giving back to the community, all thanks to community service.
  12. From feeling a little lost on the first day, to finding the right amount of Goodness of Fit (nope, not the technical definition).
  13. From getting overwhelmed by research, to writing a “research proposal” in two days. 
  14. Being part of so many different groups for each CIA, that you often forget who are your group members.
  15. Having professors across the continuum, ranging from “If you make a mistake while writing a name of a stage, I’m not going to cut marks for that. As long as you are able to explain properly, it’s enough”, to “You know how liberal I was in correcting your CIAs. End-sems will not be like that.”
  16. Methods to arrive in time for a 9 am class.
  • Leaving PG at 8:20 am in order to catch the lift to the 7th floor. 
  • Feeling that taking the stairs instead would serve two purposes; one, provide the much    needed exercise, and two, allow me to leave my PG at 8:40 am. 
  • Realizing that climbing 7 floors and arriving in class, sweating and panting, was not worth it. The lift system is one’s best friend.
    17.  Knowing who will be late to a first-hour class and requesting the professor to be kind enough to give them                              attendance.


Looking back on this semester, I don’t think I could have asked for a more kickass way to begin something new in my life, and I’m so grateful for it. 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Father, My Strength :)

Lived Experiences

Week 4 with Compassionate Clowns